Friday, July 16, 2010

10 Bands with Awesome Names

OK, so I've been working on this project pretty much since I've left. I haven't exactly recorded every stage of what I'm doing, or in fact any. But essentially I've tracked down band names that I think are amazing, I've created a logo form and turned each band into an editorial. Both these things are something I haven't really done before and I don't know why, so I really had a crack at it:



I'm actually really happy at where it ended up. I'm going to manufacture and photograph it for real when I get back to university (I have no facilities up here to do so). But I think it's a nice portfolio piece for my new direction. I chose to work with Gill font family because it's one I haven't used before, and I'm actually growing rather fond of it. I was originally going to create a typeface for each band as a title font. I started doing it for Sperm Javelin, but it's not something I enjoy doing, and not something I'm going to pursue any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment